Thursday, December 20, 2012

Today I am frustrated.  I am a feeling insignifacant and like I am not filling my role in Christ's kingdom.   I am not selling all my possessions and going to a country to help widows and orphans, I am not working in a nonprofit helping find food an shelter for the homeless, so WHAT am I doing??

I process in the shower often.  Maybe because I am a mom of young kids and that is the only place that I can think clearly??  Who knows.   But today God gave me these words: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."  Colossians 3:23 

This is where I find myself lately!  Exactly in this spot.  I am a yes yes yes girl and really why??   FOR "men's" approval.  I think my motives are good most of the time, but seeking my peers approval is a huge drive for me. 

So today, I am committing my baby steps of faith to my FAITHFUL FATHER.  My God who approves of me, my God who promises never to leave me, even when I fail Him.  This thought comforts me more than any other lately.  HE NEVER LEAVES!  HE NEVER CHANGES

Father, I am working today for YOU,  not for mans approval.  I commit my day to you, my choices, my actions, my words.   Thank you for never giving up on me, your child, your work in progress.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment