Thursday, November 6, 2014

Can my fingers do this again.

My heart heals as I type/write the words that I didn't even know I was feeling.  It is a jumbled mess right now and there are so many things going through my crazy brain.  It is time to start writing again.

Lately there are the questions and my constant prayers.  They seemed to be intertwined.   Why? and thank you,...... twisted together like one of those twizzlers that you can pull apart.  (I know, candy as a visual....)   

Since my last blog so much life has happened.  SO MUCH LIFE.  I am more and more aware lately that every single day and minute is a gift whether it feels good or it feels awful....and God is increasingly opening my eyes to what I am doing, and not doing, with that gift. 

There is unspeakable joy and deep sadness, unknowns and happy moments wrapped up in the weeks.  But the thing that God keeps showing me over and over and over is that He is constant, that He is faithful and that He is holding me in the palm of his hands.   I can't keep from praising his goodness in my life despite my questions.

So maybe the twizzler is here to stay ....and I need to quit being frustrated by the question and keep on heading to the place where my soul finds rest.

    O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.    I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory    Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.     I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.    My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.     On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.     Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 63

No comments:

Post a Comment