Friday, November 7, 2014

Oceans

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.  Let me walk upon the waters, wherever you will call me.  Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my savior."

The song I have sung and meant about 743.5 times (I am sure it was interrupted by littles a few times).   God has been leading me out to the waters and asking me to walk further than ankle deep....I know it.  He has been asking me how much I mean those words and I have been staying very safe close to the shore.   Mixing it occasionally with a few "brave" moments.   But what if I put myself out there.  What if I prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill me and I would trust him, instead of constantly thinking I will fail because I don't have what it takes.  Quite honestly, I don't.  But God's word is full of inadequate people taking God at his word and living boldly for him.  

What if we are STILL comfortable.  If we are stepping out safely.....what if God wants us to believe him for so much more than we feel safe believing him for.  Like a revival, for healing, for the ability to be confidential, to be able to love that unlovable person, to not be focused on ourselves.  If he asks us to do all these things....they are possible!! 

Father,
I cannot even comprehend your greatness.  Heal my heart, revive my soul...hold my hand as I step into the waters of the great unknown.  You are all I need.  MOVE God.  Blow, Holy Spirit, blow.  This world needs only you, I need you. Show me where the garden of my heart needs to be tended. Search my heart, test it and know my anxious thoughts.  I want to prune and grow! You are the great Healer, you are mighty, you said if we have faith the size of a mustard seed we could move mountains ......I have that much faith!!!!   I pray expectantly in Jesus name!

No comments:

Post a Comment