Friday, March 1, 2013

Who we are

I have had this topic simmering in my heart for a week now, but I didn't know how to present it.  And I didn't really know if it was mine to share bc it was given to me...but I feel like it is so important and worth more than gold to me.

It seems like all of my Bible studies and book club discussions lately have leaned toward this question, "are we good enough?"  Well, we aren't...but covered in God's grace and Jesus blood we are MORE than just good enough. 

Who we are IN CHRIST:
I am God's Child
I am Christ's friend
I am accepted
I am dearly loved
I am never alone
I have Christ in me
I am victorious
I am forgiven
I am protected
I am holy
I am blameless
I am free from fear
I am chosed by God
I am a saint
I have authority
I have hope
I am adequate
I am free in Christ
I lack nothing
I have God's wisdom
I am strong in Christ
I have God's power
I am a new creation
I am God's temple
I am hidden in Christ
I am born of God
I am righteous
I have faith
I am dead to sin
I have God's comfort
I am set apart
I have boldness
I have confidence
I am a believer priest
I have the Lord's joy
I am justified
I am adopted as God's
I am an heir of God
I am born of God
Satan can't touch me

**I got this list from a prayer class I attended led by Mary Sterenberg. I would highly recommend it if you ever get a chance to go to a class she leads.

I have a very hard time not typing about 6 or 7 of those in caps...maybe more!  They are filling me in places that only Jesus can perfectly fill me.  I challenge you to print that out and type it for yourself.  You will figure out the ones that are filling holes and cracks in your heart.  Find the scriptures that prove those promises true and hide them in your heart.

Father God,
Thank you that through Christ, I too, am Your Child.  That I am never alone and You choose me.
Fill me with your truth.  On my own strength I will fail every time, so guide my heart and my mind to turn to you when we need my tank is draining.
Amen

2 comments:

  1. I want to type the majority of them in caps...:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete