Thursday, February 21, 2013

insecurity

So, at a few days shy of 30 I still have days where I feel the need to call all my friends and say, "are you mad at me?"   Let me just tell you that I have always hated the girliness and drama and everything that goes with it.  I love being a GIRL, but the pettiness that sometimes accomanies that is just plain YUCK!  

The problem is, it's in me too!  I have, with every fiber of my being, to fight that yuck like every other girl in the world.  I am fairly certian that I probably didn't do anything super bad and that no one is mad at me....LOL...just thinking about it logically really does make me roll my eyes and laugh.  But, why does this feeling of self doubt and worthlessness even come?!   um, go away Satan.  

So, how would I have solved this problem a year ago?  Honestly, it's sad.  I think I truly would have called a good portion of friends and said, "are you mad at me?"  Only to hear them say, NO sarah! Of course not, I LOVE you!  (just what I wanted to hear right??)   But it is a temporary fix til the next time. (and my friends are patient, but they may be on to me after a few times! )  I need to choose to fill my need with JESUS.  He is the constant, he is the only one who can fight the devil and HIS LOVE NEVER FAILS!   Thank you Jesus!   Join me in choosing Jesus.

So I will hold on to this verse this afternoon:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment