Saturday, February 9, 2013

Prayer continued.....

In my humanness....I went from being so excited by the whispers and promptings of my heart about prayer to extremely insecure.  You see, while I feel like it is the link, the most necessary part of our relationship with our God, I feel like I don't do it right. 

I feel like my prayers are not beautiful enough to be uttered aloud.  I feel like more often than not I am praying this: "God, I don't know what I am supposed to be saying, so please just hear my heart!"    Do you feel like that?

Here's what I know.  I want to keep growing to be more and more like Jesus....and I have a long long way to go.   So, I guess I better keep that relationship growing..... uttering whatever words I have.


Father God,
You don't need us, you WANT us!  Wow.  I have been thinking about this all week long.  Why would you want us??  I am so so thankful You do.   Thank you for wanting me and for loving me regardless of my selfish thoughts and actions.  I can't even fathom the depth of your mercy and grace.  Thank you for mercy.   Teach me to pray.  teach me how to have a relationship with you.  Break me so I can be more like you...because I cannot do that on my own.  You are might to save.....save me from me!
Amen. 




2 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful person - thank you for sharing your inmost thoughts, for being vulnerable and relate-able and encouraging me (and everyone else!) on their faith walk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. What makes a good "out loud" prayer? I believe it is one that shares your heart before God. . .your wonderful Father God. . .your loving Father. . .merciful. . . Caring. . . Always listening a God. You got it girl. You love Him and He loves to hear you. YOU!

    ReplyDelete