Thursday, February 7, 2013

So, I am trying my hardest to focus this morning....huge issue for me. But I have so very much rolling around in my brain this morning. I will try to focus for you all reading this.

One thought BIG thought that I had this morning (going to have to dive into that one on a whole different blog while I wait for more direction) but here's this: One of the biggest gifts God has given me in my life is people who are willing to pray WITH me for me. It is probably the most powerful prayer I have experienced....and I am really really thinking about that a lot lately. But if you don't have people like that in your life, I don't have pretty words (besides the Bible) and I am by no means perfect, but I will go to our Father God with you and for you.  God says "where two or three are gathered, He is there!"  I have felt the realness of that and would love for you to too.  Please don't hesistate to ask!

I have had a mini conversation with some ladies on facebook this week about the hymns. I think our generation, if not ours, the next will not get to have those words tucked away quite as tightly in their hearts as we do. I just think that they can be so very powerful.  While I was thinking about prayer this hymn and some words specifically came to mind. 



  1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
    All our sins and griefs to bear!
    What a privilege to carry
    Everything to God in prayer
    ! (IT IS A GIFT!)
    Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
    Oh, what needless pain we bear,
    All because we do not carry
    Everything to God in prayer!
  2. Have we trials and temptations?
    Is there trouble anywhere?
    We should never be discouraged—
    Take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Can we find a friend so faithful,
    Who will all our sorrows share?

    Jesus knows our every weakness;
    Take it to the Lord in prayer.
  3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
    Cumbered with a load of care?
    Precious Savior, still our refuge—
    Take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
    Take it to the Lord in prayer!
    In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
    Thou wilt find a solace there.

I think there may need to be a part two while I pray more about this.  (sounds cliche, but let me tell ya I have this heavy burden, calling, excitement about prayer.  I can't and don't want to shake it.)   I will leave you all with that today.

3 comments:

  1. you are definitely your mother's daughter in a most beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! One of the best compliments I have ever received!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Sarah! I feel the same way about hymns, and God has definitely been growing in me a passion for a vibrant prayer life. You're on my list. =)

    ReplyDelete