Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Just waiting

As I so eagerly shared everything God was telling me yesterday with all of facebook world I started to get a pit in my stomach....was I nervous about sharing my walk bc that isn't like me, I tend to be an open book, what was going on...
Last week I was doing my Bible study for the week and a paragraph stuck out to me,

"I found I tended to run ahead on the momentum of all He had been doing.  Before I knew it, my quiet time began to wane and my file became less filled with God's presence.

I became more focused on the journey than on the ONE who called me to it."   Priscilla Shirer

Then, I got an email from a friend encouraging me, but also warning to not get ahead of God's plans for me.

This morning my devotions said this:  "Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times come.  One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events.  If you want to start close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment.........  Slow down enjoy the journey in My Presence."   Jesus Calling

So, I sit here this morning completely humbled.  Laying myself flat out and asking God to forgive me!!  Forgive me for not relying better on HIS perfect timing, for trying to STILL do things my way and begging Him to teach me the art of waiting. 

While I am trying so hard to be different from the "norm" these days I still find myself in the rush rush rush mentality including my perception of what God's Will should be.  

So, for now, I am going to "Be still and KNOW that HE is GOD."  Psalm 46:10    And I am going to enjoy my journey for TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment